Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back Problems for Mommy!

You will not catch mommy lifting Kami like this!



Well, it has been a rough couple of days at the Rowell household. Kami is great! Momma, not so much! I woke up a couple of days ago with excrutiating lower back pain. I could hardly get out of bed. I had to walk hunched over. It killed me to try and stand up straight. I went to a chiropracter, who did some "adjusting." But I was still in excrutiating pain and had to go home for the day.


The next day, I went to a doctor who said my back was very inflamed. My blood pressure was also high, she said, probably because I was in such pain. She gave me a steroid shot and anti-inflammatory. The culprit? Kamryn! Apparently, momma needs to lift more with her legs instead of her back. I am now on medicine and feel much better. Naproxen in really helping. But if I sit for too long, I start to hurt. I guess I just have to be more careful when lifting Kami. So, I'll leave the "superman" lifts to daddy!

No comments: